A long-lasting solution to replacing lost teeth, bridges from Buffalo Prairie Dental are an excellent restoration and permanent replacement option for missing teeth. Bridges are essentially a series of three or more crowns all made as one piece yet contoured to look like individual teeth. Unlike traditional dentures and partials, bridges are permanent and cannot be removed.
The Bridge Procedure
First, Dr KJ Sturhahn will give you a local anesthetic to numb the area completely.
The teeth on either side of the missing space are then shaped to allow for the new bridge to completely wrap them in ceramic to protect and secure the bridge into place.
An impression or mold of your teeth is made, so that your dental bridge can be accurately designed to fit perfectly.
You are fitted with a temporary bridge to protect your gums and teeth while the permanent one is being crafted.
At your next appointment, the temporary bridge is removed and your permanent bridge is placed. Once it’s correctly fitted, it is permanently cemented in place.
Advantages of Bridges
- Offer a natural, healthy appearance
- Can be completed in only two office visits
- More permanent and secure than traditional dentures, with no sliding or moving.
- Help regain natural speaking and chewing ability
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Colored to perfectly match the shade of your other teeth
If you’re feeling self-conscious about your missing teeth, worry no more. Buffalo Prairie Dental can help you regain your lost smile today! Call us today to see if you’re a candidate for bridges.